Free shipping & returns! Order today, get it October 6th
  • Home
  • FAQ
  • Which Anode Rod do I Need For my Water Tank?

Which Anode Rod do I Need For my Water Tank?

Published and updated

Our response

For your water heater, you have the choice between a sacrificial anode rod or an impressed current anode. As its name suggests, the magnesium or aluminum sacrificial anode dissolves over time to protect the surface of your water heater. The Corro-Protec impressed current anode forms a permanent protective layer on the tank walls.

4 responses to “Which Anode Rod do I Need For my Water Tank?”

    Leave a review

    Your email address will not be published.

    Was this helpful?

    Explain the informations you are looking for. We will add it to our FAQ.

    Thank you for your feedback!

    Follow this link the search the whole FAQ or this link to search our DIY blog


    How Long Does it Take to Drain a Water Heater? Do it Faster!

    Cleaning and emptying your water heater is important for its proper functioning. It may not be the first thing you think of when taking care […]

    How to Test a Water Heater Thermostat: A Step-by-Step Guide

    The thermostat in a hot water heater plays a critical role in monitoring and regulating the water’s temperature. When it’s working efficiently, you’ll have a […]

    Residential Anode Rod

    Corro-Protec’s anode rod for water heaters fits any residential tank on the market. Get the most durable and versatile anode available.

    RV Anode Rod

    Our RV’s powered anode rod fits all Suburban RV water heaters. Enjoy the power of our permanent corrosion protection and more.

    Commercial Anode Rod

    Our commercial anode, always powered, is designed to permanently protect larger water heaters of +90 gallons. No maintenance required.